The World Health Organization recommends the use of face masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE) not only in health care, but in your community and when interacting with public surfaces. PPE is not only necessary to protect yourself, but others as well. The incubation period of COVID-19 is said to last about 14 days, meaning those infected are at risk of unknowingly spreading the virus to others even if they’re not showing symptoms yet.
That’s why it’s so important to take the proper precautions and make sure your face is appropriately covered. We’ve been working around the clock with various manufacturers to secure as many masks as we can so that you have the right protection. Let’s go over some Do’s and Don’ts for wearing masks safely.
1. Before You Do Anything – Make sure your hands are scrubbed clean with soap or sanitizer for at least 20 seconds.
2. Inspect the Mask – With clean hands, inspect the mask to ensure it is free of any tears or holes and hasn’t been used or damp.
3. Locate the Top – The top of the mask should have a metal piece or a stiff edge for securing to your nose.
4. Cover Your Face – Point the colored side outwards and use the elastic loops to wrap them around your ears, covering your mouth, nose, and chin. Remember to press the metal piece down over your nose and make sure there are no gaps.
5. Avoid Touching the Mask – Do not touch the front of the mask or remove it when talking to someone or doing something that would require touching the mask. If you have to adjust the mask, remove it from behind the ears and head, keeping it away from yourself and other surfaces.
6. Proper Disposal – Discard disposable masks immediately, preferably in a closed trash bin and wash your hands once again.
Now that we’ve gone over some safety advice, you’re ready to start wearing your mask. Below you can find the latest protective wear we have available. Make sure the rest of your family understands proper procedure and if you follow these steps then we will make it through this uncertain time together!
KN95 5-Layer Protective Respirator Masks: 5pk – One of the highest protective classes available, each respirator mask features 5-layers of protection from droplets, dust, bacteria, germs, and more. These masks are safe, breathable, and hypoallergenic. They have a high filtration capacity of 95% and come in a pack of 5.
3-Layer Non-Medical Face Masks, 50 Count – Unlike many other masks currently flooding the market, these are made in an FDA Registered facility and personally tested by us (watch video) to ensure quality and performance. Each mask features 3-layers of protection and is comfortable to wear with soft fabric and elastic ear-loops for minimal pressure. You get 50 of these so you’ll be prepared to run essential errands.
Patriotic Celebration Kit; American Flag Bandanna with Two Shot Glasses – If you don’t have access to a mask, then these wraps are great to use in a pinch. Medical professionals always recommend you use something to substitute for nothing at all. Plus, this great bandanna includes two hook and loop patches for sporting your American pride along with two stainless steel shot glasses when you need to share that patriotic spirit with a loved one!
The Arctic Cove Multi-Wrap w/ Cooling Technology – This personal cooling towel works great as a mask replacement. It’s much lighter and less constricting than a traditional mask and it’s reusable – so you only need one of these versus package after package of face masks. This is a great option to keep on you at all times and you’ll love all the innovative ways you can wear it while it keeps you cool.
Chilly Ice Towel – Like the Arctic Cove Wrap, but even bigger! The Chilly Ice Towel not only works great as a makeshift face mask but it has some amazing cooling properties that make it a must have in hot weather. Just submerge it in some water, wring it out, and give it a few shakes…within minutes it downright feels ICY-COLD and lasts for hours. Seriously, it’s like you have AC around your head and face, great for treating a fever or headache at home.
Don’t forget to check out our Flu and Virus Protection Department for even more essential products. We have new stuff rotating in every week, just be aware that stock may change from the time of this publication.